An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time Aquarist to join our dynamic team. The Aquarist will be responsible for the maintenance of all display tanks in the aquarium and quarantine, plant rooms, record keeping as well as preparing and delivering diets for all our species, from shrimps to sharks. You will also be responsible for maintaining the life support systems that look after our species. Help promote & comply with all relevant Health & Safety Procedures & Protocols, suggest and actively participate in team discussions to improve our current exhibits and ensure the highest standards for yourself, visitors and guests.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member with excellent problem-solving skills, and who can work with minimal supervision. Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year working experience in a similar role, ideally in a Public Aquarium. They need to be willing to work flexible hours which may include weekends and public holidays, and be able to clearly communicate in English. Experience with reptiles and holding a SCUBA diving experience is not a must, but will be considered as an asset. We are looking for hands-on individuals who are natural problem solvers to ensure that the up-keeping of the complex premises and equipment are always kept in perfect condition.
The selected candidates will be responsible for;
Ideal candidate must be;
- The general maintenance of the property and equipment to ensure smooth and proper function
- Carry out regular checks on plant and equipment.
- Routine preventative maintenance, trouble shooting and overall servicing of equipment.
- Detecting and diagnose problems and take correct action where needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Organised, practical and trustworthy
- A problem solver and capable in general troubleshooting
- Be in possession of licence A/B
- Must be able to communicate in English; verbally and written