The selected candidates will be responsible for;
We are looking for presentable and approachable individuals, who are customer-oriented, enjoy working in a team and are comfortable to speak to the general public. The selected candidate must have excellent face-to-face communication skills, work under pressure and continuous willingness to learn. Candidates having knowledge of the biology of fish and customer-oriented roles will be given preference. Candidates must be willing to work flexible hours which will include weekends and public holidays, and able to clearly communicate in English.
- Greeting all customers visiting the Aquarium
- Inform and educate customers about the aquarium exhibits
- Guiding and giving presentations to groups during their visit
- Ensure that customers have an unforgettable experience
We are looking for both part-time
General Purpose of Position
The purpose of an IT Support Officer is to ensure seamless operation of our IT systems, offering technical assistance to staff, diagnosing and resolving issues, and maintaining our IT infrastructure.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Provide first-level technical support to employees by responding to IT-related inquiries, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and resolving technical problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Install, configure, and maintain computer hardware, peripherals, and software applications. Perform routine system updates and ensure all devices are up to date and secure.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the company's network infrastructure, including routers, switches, and wireless access points. Troubleshoot network connectivity issues and implement solutions.
- Provide support to employees working from various locations.
- Collaborate with the IT team on various IT projects, such as system upgrades, migrations, and implementing new technologies to enhance the organisation's IT capabilities.
- Monitoring and maintaining network servers.
- Patching and Monitoring network.
- Creating new user accounts and performing access control.
- Implement and enforce IT security policies, including user access controls, password management, and data backup procedures.
- Stay up to date with cybersecurity best practices and assist in maintaining a secure IT environment.
- Create and update documentation, manuals, and knowledge base articles for end-users.
- Upgrading, installing, and configuring new hardware and software to meet companies’ objectives.
- Provide 24/7 on call support amongst all properties.
- Proven experience in a similar IT support role
- Must have relevant IT Certifications up to CompTIA A+
- Ideally in possession of CCNA or MCSA certification
- A strong can-do attitude with a high level of motivation.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills and possess the ability to analyse problems rationally and provide solutions.
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks.
- Basic Networking knowledge is required.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills across all organisational levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
The purpose of the Senior Aquarist role, reporting to the Aquarium Curator, is to ensure the well-being of aquatic species. This includes daily observations of dietary and behavioral habits, maintaining assigned exhibit and holding areas, tracking inventory, and keeping accurate records of aquatic collections. The role involves working full-time with flexibility for weekends and public holidays.
- Maintain display tanks, quarantine, and plant rooms.
- Prepare and deliver diets for various species.
- Manage life support systems for aquatic species.
- Promote and follow Health & Safety Procedures.
- Participate in team discussions to enhance exhibits.
- Uphold high standards for visitors, guests, and oneself.
Closing date: 30th September 2023
- Minimum 2 years' experience in similar role, ideally in a Public Aquarium.
- Enthusiastic with problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Flexibility for varied hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient English communication.
- Diving experience preferred; advanced certification within 6 months of work.